BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 22, 2010

Left to Tell


   

This book encompasses every feeling from depression, anger, and fear to hope, love, and forgiveness to bring to light the tragedies of the Rwandan Genocide.  Immaculee Illibagiza tells her inspiring story with beautiful words that bring the story to life for all who read it.  It brought emotions and understanding for those who have suffered similar stories.  The book helps one to understand that God does love all His children and it really discusses the idea of the famous line of the Lord’s prayer, “forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us” (Luke 11:2-4).  

  I cried multiple times throughout this book as the devastation spread across Rwanda.  The pain described by the author left a impression on my mind for good the need to help situations such as these to never occur.  I never thought about genocides before I read this book. I never thought that something so destructive could occur a mere 20 years ago.  I came to personally love the author and her stories and her family as she suffered.  

  I would encourage all to read this book because almost everyone I have talked to has little knowledge of what occurred during the years of this book.  It enlightened me and helped me want to help others know about it as well.  It’s an easy read but needs the maturity required to understand the mass murder of a race in ways you would never hope would happen.   

0 comments: